Hopefully you will get to read some inspiring and informative blog posts, and I will be able to find them again when I need them! I also get to shamelessly post some Amazon affiliate links, but we’re all grown ups here so I’m sure you’ll forgive me for that!
Inspiring and Thought Provoking Blog Posts
- Mars Dorian‘s recent post “What Make a Brand Awesome?” certainly got me thinking. Whilst I’m not as heavily into personal branding as Mars clearly is, his article definitely made me reconsider how I portray myself online and how that affects my blog’s visitors.
- Everett Bogue‘s intriguing post “26 Essential Ways to Achieve Minimalist Freedom” both captured my imagination and stirred up some internal conflicts for me. My long term downsizing plans were further inspired by his minimalist message, but my plan to fund this goal by affiliate marketing has some inherent contradictions.
- I know Darren Rowse will certainly get by without a plug from Affiliate Progress! – but I enjoyed his recent post “9 Unsexy Truths About Making Money Online“. It really gets across the amount of work involved in achieving monetary success online. Pro-Blogger is one of the few so called “A-list” blogs that I read on a regular basis.
Informative Blog Posts
- Viper Chill is rapidly becoming one of my most reliable places for finding solid, detailed, well written and informative posts on internet marketing and blogging in general. Glen’s most recent golden nugget “The Secret to Growing Your Blog Twice as Fast With Half the Effort” lays out the benefits of teaming up with a blogging partner to mutually grow your individual blogs.
- Although in the future I would really love to make all of my online income using passive methods, I think at some stage I will also need to look into other less passive income streams. One of the ones I am most interested in is blog flipping. Ruth over at Web Career Girl kindly came up with a detailed post “Earn Money by Selling Niche Blogs” which not only answered a lot of the questions I had in mind on this topic, it also shows what a good source of income it’s possible to build if you put the required work in.
Recent Offline Reading
- Offline I am currently reading the recently released 2nd edition of Pro-Blogger – Secrets for Blogging Your way to a Six-Figure Income. A very enjoyable read so far, and if the remainder lives up to what I’ve already read then I may do a full review when I’ve finished it. Here is the Amazon UK link if you need it.
- I’ve recently finished Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry. To me Mistry is easily amongst our top modern novelists, and I can thoroughly recommend Family Matters (along with every other other book of his I’ve read so far!). Here is the Amazon UK link if you need it.
** Warning this post may contain traces of affiliate links! If you are allergic to affiliate links, both Amazon USA and Amazon UK contain a wide variety of affiliate free books if you make your way there without the help of Affiliate Progress.
But the blog owner may starve, and you will have to live with that on your conscience for the rest of your days.